2009/12/12

Could not keep my hands off Heisig

Day 7
So I could not wait and started studying RTH. I have no idea how many characters I can learn per day without drowning in reps, especially while doing 50 new sentences every day. At the moment I do the following: since I already know about 800 HSK-1 characters from Matthews*), I just keep adding Heisig characters at the same time keeping track of how many are new to me. When I hit a "10 new" mark, I stop for a day. Usually it means about 25 characters per day for now (the characters are probably simpler at the beginning of the book, so I probably know a larger percentage of them).
Still I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it up at the same time as the sentences. The day is still young and I already have a queue of  125 reps to do — not including the new 50 sentences!

*) Actually it's more than 800. Because of his numbering system (only the characters present in HSK-1 get the numbers, others get the letters like 600a, b etc.) it difficult to find the exact number, but I'd guess it's about 1000-1100.

No comments:

Post a Comment